Dear readers, we are pleased to announce that several of our partners have provided remote access to their resources!
In such a difficult time for everyone, our partners Grebennikon, Willey and Sons, Juraite, Epigraph provided remote access to their library systems and databases.
WE REPORT THAT AT THIS TIME (AND BEFORE JUNE 30, 2020) FOR THE CASES OF THEM. AL-FARABI CONNECTED REMOTE ACCESS TO GREBENNIKON ELECTRONIC LIBRARY – BY LOGIN / PASSWORD.
By the provided login and password (see below) it is possible to work with Grebennikon remotely, including watching / reading articles, videos, etc. Only – read / view from the screen (without the ability to copy, download, print, etc.)
First, go to https://grebennikon.ru.
Next, in the upper right corner, select the “LOGIN” button.
We see the signs “login” and “password”. Enter (login) start57 (password) DGA
- Further, as an example, you can go to the “Publications” section, i.e. magazines (in the upper right corner – see the link https://grebennikon.ru/journal.php).
- We choose – again, as an example, the magazine “Marketing and Marketing Research”, the third issue for 2019 (https://grebennikon.ru/journal-3.html#volume2019-3).
- We go to the article “Changes in sustainable consumer behavior”» (https://grebennikon.ru/article-t59y.html).
- Click the “read” button.
You can read all articles, all materials, etc.
And so – for each article. We go into the article, click “read”, then we see that for each article all pages are available for reading (that is, 9 out of 9 pages are “readable”, 10 out of 10 pages are “readable”, 14 of 14 pages are “readable”).
There is no limit on the number of open articles, the simultaneous entry of several users on the site http://grebennikon.ru.
The search for materials can be carried out by magazines, headings, subheadings, as well as names / parts of titles. For example, in the search bar onhttp://grebennikon.ru, you can manually enter “BRAND AUDIT”, click “FIND A ARTICLE” and a search for materials on a given topic will be presented.
Arkady Khalyukov, General Director of the Grebennikov Publishing House, Moscow
Wiley’s current subscriber resources are available to users through the Google Scholar system.
In connection with the transfer of employees and students of higher education and science organizations to the mode of remote work and distance learning, the issue of access to electronic library resources has become particularly relevant. Unfortunately, not all organizations have a single remote access to all resources of the organization (subscriptions, internal documents, etc.). On the other hand, for many publishers, including Wiley, for security and copyright reasons, the possibility of the so-called “roaming access” was disabled some time ago, when access to the resources is carried out through the user’s personal account when registering from the IP address organization. Nevertheless, in this seemingly hopeless situation there is a solution, albeit not an ideal one.
Access to the full texts is realized through the Google company service – Campus Activated Subscriber Access (CASA, subscription activated access on campus). Here is the principle of his work:
- When a user accesses Google Scholar from his computer from the organization’s IP address, Google Scholar registers the connection between the user’s computer and the subscriber ID associated with the IP address.
- When the same user later accesses Google Scholar from his computer from home (from an IP address that is not associated with a Subscriber ID), Google Scholar looks for a connection between the user and the Subscriber ID. If such a relationship is found, then Google Scholar adds CASA tokens to full-text links to publication articles to which the user subscribes through his organization.
- Google maintains the connection between the user’s computer and the subscriber ID for 30 days, and then resets it unless the user updates this link by opening Google Scholar from the organization’s IP address for this period of time. Such full-text usage will be included in COUNTER reports for the organization.
- If the user logged into the Google account during authentication, the token is also associated with this Google account and stored for 30 days. A user can use this token on multiple devices by logging into their Google account before searching Google Scholar.
Please note that to activate this feature, it is very important to log into Google Scholar from your computer (or device) in your organization’s network in the first step.
It’s better if you do this through your Google account.
Although this solution is not ideal, nevertheless, in the current difficult situation, it is quite working. I hope it allows you to help users access Wiley resources for a period of restrictions.
I also note that Wiley is not the only publisher that provides such remote access in conjunction with Google Scholar. It is possible that the resources of other publishers will be opened through Google Scholar, which is better to check with representatives of the respective companies (or check empirically).
Natalia Prokofievna Kalitseva Account Manager, Russia and the CISН
In connection with the transition to distance learning and the quarantine regime, many will not be able to get into their educational institution. However, the departments still work, contact the representatives of your department and ask to activate your account.
Our library staff will also be able to assist with this task.
For more information about access to EBU Yurait and Epigraph, read our previous article (click here to open).