On 29-30 November 2016, The National Commission of the Republic of Kazakhstan for UNESCO and ISESCO, the Association of libraries of Higher institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Al-Farabi Kazakh National University will hold the International scientific and practical conference on the title: "Promotion of media and information literacy in order to improve the information culture of the society in the Republic of Kazakhstan. "
The conference dedicated to the problems of the contemporary world where information risks are becoming more actual issue. Particularly, the discussion will concern the topics on the improvement of media and information literacy, and the development of media education among the population. At the conference will be discussed following issues:
- The main aims and objectives of media education;
- The main subjects of media and information literacy;
- The methods of measurement and assessment of media education.
At the conference will participate well known public figures, scientists who are engaged in the investigation of various fields of Mass media and education, head of departments, managers and members of national and university libraries of Kazakhstan as well as representatives of well-known publishing houses and companies which specialized in software development for libraries (Databases such as EBSCO, IPRbooks and others)
Conference Programme Template:
- plenary meeting;
- sectional meeting;
- workshops which are carried out by authoritative experts on media and information literacy;
- discussions with the aim of exchanging experiences between libraries and institutions of higher education in the formation of media and information literacy of the library users and university students; exchange on recommendations for promoting media and information literacy with the aim of improving information culture of the society in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Contact details of the organizing committee: