1. USER RIGHTS:
1.1 free of charge to use the main types of library and information services provided;
1.2 to receive books and any other sources of information for temporary use on all library subscriptions;
1.3 to receive full information on the composition of the library's collections through the electronic catalog and other forms of library information;
1.4 to receive advisory assistance in the search and selection of information sources;
1.5 leave feedback, comments, and suggestions on the work of the Library in the Complaints and Suggestions Book at the reception of the library's subscription and reading rooms
2. USERS OBLIGATED:
2.1. Familiarize yourself with the Library Usage Policy, User Rights and Obligations and the Library
2.2. At the request of security officers, present an ID-card;
2.3 to take out the outer clothing in the wardrobe, and leave large bags and backpacks in the storage room;
2.4 in the halls and subscriptions of the Library to produce the ID-card;
2.5 when using personal media (flash drives, disks) to check them for viruses;
2.6 to take care of books, other works of the press, other library materials and library property;
2.7 in case of damage to the property of the electronic library (equipment, equipment, furniture, etc.), to restore its full value at its own expense.
2.8 to return the received editions in the established terms or in time to prolong the period of using the books on the subscription cards and reading rooms;
2.9 if the library book is lost or damaged, compensate for the damage caused by a similar book, or an edition recognized by the library as equivalent in amount to "book for a book" (list of recommended books for replacement) or to pay its market value to the university cashier or DK Keremet;
Attention! More details about fines, debts, and conditions for compensation of lost books, see here. Attention! The library employee is prohibited from accepting payment in cash, in case of such a situation, it is necessary to apply to the administration: cabinet 206, 8 (727) 2211701 or leave a complaint in the Complaints and Proposals Book indicating the employee's full name.
2.11 Persons who violated the rules of use or caused damage to the Library bear administrative, civil-law (material) liability in the forms provided by the current legislation and the Rules for using the library.
3. THE USER IS FORBIDDEN:
3.1 use someone else's document to obtain literature; for the use of someone else's ID-card, the user is restricted to access to the Library for 1 month;
3.2 to take out of the reading rooms of the library literature and leave personal things unattended;
3.3 to talk loudly, to use the phone in a sonorous mode, to bring food and drinks to the reading rooms;
3.4 in the reading rooms to use scissors, razors, glue, spoil library publications, make notes in them, emphasize, bend the pages, cut and pull out sheets, spoil the label with the RFID-tag of the document, tracing drawings, maps, drawings; for damage to books, magazines and other publications (tearing out pages), the user is restricted to access to the Library for up to three months;
3.5 go without permission to the office premises, to the subsidiary fund of the book depository.
3.6 to carry out a photo and video shooting of the premises and materials of the library. Photo and video shooting is possible only with the permission of the library administration;
3.7 Smoking on the territory of the Library, and here it is inadmissible indecent immoral behavior.
- to serve the readers in accordance with the Regulations on the Al-Farabi Library and these Rules;
- inform the readers about all types of services;
- to provide readers with the opportunity to use all the library funds;
- popularize their funds and services, develop and encourage interest in books;
- improve library and information services for readers, introducing computerization and advanced technologies;
- create and maintain comfortable conditions for the work of readers in the library;
- to register, store and use books, other works of the press and other materials in the fund in accordance with established rules;
- be responsible for the safety of their funds, which are part of the national cultural heritage;
- ensure continuous monitoring of the timely return of the issued literature to the library, apply penal sanctions to users who did not return it within the prescribed period;
- Do not allow readers to restrict access to documents stored in the library.
4.2 According to regulatory requirements, the Library has the right to conduct sanitary days. On sanitary days, readers are not served